Summer is coming! Doesn’t summer make you think of warm bread, olives, aged-cheese, wine and a bit of pesto? Well, if not, it does for me!
If you love the idea home-made bread but don’t have enough time or effort, this recipe is for you. This recipe was originally posted in the NY Times and adapted from Jim Lahey of Sullivan Street Bakery.
No Knead Bread Recipe
3 cups bread flour
1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups water
▪ Mix dry ingredients together
▪ Add water and mix well.
▪ Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest 12-20 hours.
▪ Dump dough onto well-floured surface.
▪ Using wet hands, fold the sides of the dough over the top and shape into a rough ball.
▪ Turn dough over onto a floured towel and cover the dough with the towel.
▪ Allow dough to rest another 2 hours.
▪ 30 minutes before the 2nd rest is over, put your covered pot into the oven and pre-heat to 450° for at least 30 minutes.
▪ Plop your dough into your pot.
▪ Cover and bake for 30 minutes
▪ Uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes until bread reaches 210°.
▪ Remove and cool on a wire rack.